Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Friend and Ledea

Bits and pieces, scattered thoughts--is what I'm writing about, again, as life continues to spin out of what I used to call a routine.  YES, I missed last week--in TX with four grandchildren--an adventure every five minutes with memories to appreciate.  Memories that bring spontaneous smiles with others wondering--what must she be thinking?  Children are genuine--they know no other way.  Children are spontaneous--they know no other way.  "Let the little children come unto me--for as such is the kingdom of God."

This morning was the last work day for me with a part-time job I had.  This responsibility was a good experience; I learned from it; but it was time to go on to something else.  Retirement is wonderful in that one CAN DO THIS--go on, make other choices, try different things, eliminate one job for more time with family or another activity.  When one is younger, you cannot (or do not want to) imagine what life may be like after 55 or 65, but when a person arrives, most of us realize it is not a bad place to be--some even think it is the best place to be.  I personally think we should praise God each day for the good and also for the not-so-good.  I used to tell my children that if every day were your birthday, before long, your birthday would not be special any more.  You get the analogy, I'm sure.  Make the best out of the bad; rejoice, give glory in the good.  God IS good.

My dear high school forever friend emailed me to let me know she had just finished "The Secret Is."  There is a letter in this book especially for the reader on the last page.  Ledea (main character--her story) encourages her readers to read James.  Well, my friend did read James after finishing the book.  Like I said, God is good.  One of my purposes in writing novels is to attempt to get the reader back into scripture--because scripture is used in the stories--although not in a "preachy" way.


For example, "The Secret Is," (title of book number 2) is taken from Colossians 1:27 which read, "God's plan is to make known his secret to his people, this rich and glorious secret which he has for all peoples.  And the secret is that Christ is in you, which means that you will share in the glory of God."  (Wow!  Think about this.)
Christ is in you... you will share in the glory of God...


So, you're asking how is the book not preachy?  This is what Ledea's story is about:  Ledea grew up on the wrong side of town with a single parent.  Ledea also struggled with a learning disability.  A devastating accident in high school, falling in love with the wrong man, moving to the little brown house by the lake and discovering the box room at her grandparent's house all held secrets.  But, because of God's promises, Ledea learned at a young age, she clung to her faith and was able to weather what life threw at her.  This story is messy, funny, scary--as all our lives uniquely can be.  Ledea tells her story innocently and sweetly, and, remember, she has a chapter for you.

Please remember, "The eternal God is your dwelling place and underneath are the everlasting arms." Deut. 33:27.  And, my prayer for you, is that through the bits and pieces and scattered moments of your life, that you take time to be still and know that God cares and loves you in an incredible way. 




No comments:

Post a Comment