Thursday, October 15, 2015

Want A Good Deal?

Sears has a sign in their window: 40% off everything in the store. I check out the grocery coupons-- Payless has 5 Betty Crocker cake mixes for $4; Bananas (with the coupon) are 39 cents a pound. I start my grocery list.... At a recent Treasure Fest shopping venture in our small town, I bargained with the seller of a birdhouse to get a better deal.

All of this is okay or perhaps good.
However, when it comes to God, we should never think-- How little can I give to get the most?

Although, "By grace are you saved through faith and not by works..." God wants us to live beyond the ordinary. He wants nothing less than 100%, because it's possible that the closer we get to God, the more He gives-- 

Let us not be caught saying, "At least I'm saved."

Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4


Want a good deal?
Give Him everything.
Expect everything in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment