Wednesday, March 18, 2020

My Corona List

... my morning devotions were about to-do lists. It was timely as I have what I call my Corona List of projects  during this self-quarantining time. 

Corona To-Do List:
___ clean out, reorganize two file cabinets
___ clean behind washer and dryer
___ hose down patio and outdoor furniture
___ sort through my closet; get rid of items
___ ....

I check out the list in the morning, take glances often during the day,  and reflect on it when climbing into bed. Sometimes, I figuratively pat myself on the back; sometimes, I chastise myself and feel my day has been not purposeful. 

Today’s devotion prompted me to think on Jesus and the Fruits of the Spirit and not what is happening with my little projects. If I did this, my list might look like this:

Jesus to-do List:
___ did I share joy with someone
___ was I patient when frustrated
___ did I use self-control when tempted not to
___ was I gentle when I wanted to show irritation
___ was I faithful as God would have me be faithful (especially in these unprecedented times
___ ....

There are nine Fruits of the Spirit (Galatians 5) including the above and also love, peace, kindness, goodness.

Image result for free Picture of Michelangelo's Creation PaintingMy time considering my experiences during the day with these attributes would definitely be more purposeful night-time reflections than what I did with a file cabinet or a closet full of clothes.  After all, God wants us to be holy. Holy? Impossible, but a good thing to strive towards.  In other words, did I use Jesus as an example for my own behavior?

Some of us due to self-quarantining have more time for reflection.
Hope this gives you something to think about as you walk your spiritual journey. Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay connected to your Creator God.






No comments:

Post a Comment