Wednesday, May 13, 2020

I Will Be Different

I'm not the same person I was when I graduated high school, or college, or when I started teaching or when I got married, or after the birth of the first baby, and then the second.... I'm not the same person as I was when I first retired. I hope not to be the same person after the pandemic has passed-- as the world will not be.

When this all started, I made out what I called my "Corona List." Thankfully, most of these tasks are completed. Besides the sorting, organizing, making new, I have made some personal decisions. For example...

1) I'm not going to wear anything that is uncomfortable again...that includes shoes.
2) I'm going to do a better job of being in the moment whether it's with a person or out in nature. X marks the spot.

However, when working with a Shutterfly account in an attempt to make our Family 2019 album, I ran into frustration after frustration. I made the 800 call to ask for help. They assisted; it did not help. They were patient. A half hour later, they suggested I close down the computer and they would get back to me. Typically, this would have annoyed me. Greatly! But, instead, I felt relief.

I put on my jacket and headed outside to view my surroundings: buds popping from swaying tree limbs, children chattering under a crystal blue sky. The birds looked free-er than I had ever seen them. I felt a touch of heaven as wind tossed my hair.

Thank you God for the opportunity to spend time with you.


I thought of Robin Mark's "When it's all been said and done....



Jesus said,
 "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. 
No one comes to the
Father except through me." John 14:6

No comments:

Post a Comment