Thursday, March 19, 2015

Father Time


You wanted to see the world,
but at 8 you couldn't leave the yard.
At 16, you had no car.
At 21, you had no money.
At 34, you had no baby-sitter.
At 50, Father Time tells you it's too late.
And you tell him to eat your dust!
   ... from 1995 issue of Good Housekeeping
    
I ripped the Ginkgold advertisement from the 1995 issue of Good Housekeeping magazine. I was a little over 50 years old and knew it wasn't too late. I would tell Father Time to "eat my dust."

Feeling like I had enjoyed every stage of my life, I still wanted more. I wanted to walk, run, travel, have new experiences, meet people, make new friends.

Now, some 15 years later, I have had more time to walk, run, travel, have new experiences....; however, I still am eager for more. I am thankful for my new experiences; I am also thankful that I am eager for more. It indicates a zest for living, and I embrace this.

We have a God-given desire to be purposeful, validated, relevant for His kingdom. Perhaps this is why we are always looking for something else. .... and we will keep looking until Our Creator takes us to a heavenly home where we are no longer searching for purpose and relevance. Until, then, tell Father Time to eat your dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment