Thursday, May 3, 2018

Author John Rohn writes, "You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with."

I grew up with five brothers and my parents. I spent the most time with my mother and the littlest brother at the time--hanging out diapers on a clothes line, scooping baby food into an eager mouth, dusting, baking, weeding the garden, canning and freezing. Mom was almost always at my side or me at hers.

That was 60+ years ago.

During the last 45+ years I have lived with the same man and four of our children who survived various stages of life living under our roof as they evolved into purposeful, loving adults.

Because we were/ are each so different from one another, I can not begin to imagine how to determine the "averages".

As a freshman in college, I lived with a roommate who used expletives casually in her conversations. Within a month or so, these same words were slipping out of my mouth--

Huge segue here....
I was 18, then.
I'm 70+ now....
I know Who I need to spend more time with: Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment