Wednesday, December 10, 2014

What do you call God?

The story of David as told in 1 Samuel through 1 Kings and including his songs of praise and prayers in the Psalms are probably the lengthiest narrative in history of a human life and how it evolved. He was the son of Jesse, a shepherd boy, with many brothers, who ended up King of Israel over 1000 years before the birth of Christ. He has been called a man after God's own heart because he trusted God, he believed in God.

In Psalm 62, David calls God my fortress, my rock, my salvation, my mighty rock, my refuge. In the Bible, God has been called by many names, including Most High, Lord, Jehovah, Covenant Maker, I AM, the Word, Master, my Shepherd, Our Righteousness, Everlasting Father.

One of my friends starts her prayers often with the praise,
 "Creator God...."
What do you call God when you call upon him?
 How about, My Everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment