Saturday, December 6, 2014

Wishes or Bellyaches?

I wish he wouldn't do that.
 I wish I had a better coat.
I wish I had more friends.
 I wish I had more respect from my co-workers.
It goes on and on and on. . . .

What does bellyaching have to do with wishes? Or better yet, when is a wish not really a wish but a complaint (bellyaching)?

I thought "quit bellyaching" was an expression used only by grandpas and great uncles; however, when I googled it, I found it is more common than I thought.

                                
Do all things without grumbling or questioning.         Philippians 2:14        
              
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.         Ephesians 4:29

Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment