Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Your Choice: Nerve Cell or Heart Cell?

Sometimes I look and feel like a nerve cell.
If you've ever seen one in a biology book or on-line,
they look really stressed out. Yea, this is me--
stressed out, worried, anxious, mind going in a
hundred different directions....




 
 
On the other hand, if you check out a heart cell?
... you'll note the difference.
Look at the beauty of the heart cell and note all the seemingly loose ends of the nerve cell. (I know a biology teacher would tell me the usefulness of the nerve cell and that each cell has purpose in the human body...but we are simply going by "looks" today.)

I have carried in my purse a very small poem my mother clipped from a magazine probably over 30 years ago. It is called, "Slow Me Down, Lord."




Slow Me Down, Lord.
Ease the pounding of my heart
   by the quieting of my mind.
Steady my hurried pace with a vision
   of the eternal reach of time.
Give me, amid the confusion of the day
   the calmness of the everlasting hills.
Break the tension of my nerves and muscles
   with the soothing music of the singing streams
   that live in my memory.
Teach me the art of taking minute vacations,
   of slowing down to look at a flower
   to chat with a friend,
   to pet a dog,
   to read a few lines from a good book.
Slow me down Lord and inspire me
   to send my roots deep into the soil
   of the enduring values
   that I may grow toward the stars
   of my greater destiny.

When things are becoming frazzled in your life, remember the nerve cell. Next, remember the beauty of the heart cell and ask God to slow you down, trust your heart, and continue to grow toward your greater Destiny.

Zephaniah 3:17 reads...The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing.

Love life with the Love of God.





 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment