Thursday, December 31, 2015

New Year's Resolution: No More Fries

I have a habit of not ordering French fries. They are not good for you for numerous reasons. However, I must admit that when my husband orders them, I taste them. One or two or several. I tell him I'm testing them to make sure they are not poisonous. Just trying to take care of the guy. Anyway, we've been doing this for years, so my husband is quite understanding of this habit of mine.

In spite of his generosity, I have decided to STOP testing his fries. I made this decision last night at Hardees. Although it is not my favorite place to eat, I do sometimes cave into going because I'm just too tired to fix anything or have run out of ideas.

David ordered a big burger special. He filled his cup with pop and went to a table while I ordered a plain hamburger and a hot tea. I waited for my hot tea and David returned to the counter to visit with another customer. I decided to go to the booth and wait. I sat down and thought, "Wow, David has his order already. That was quick."

So, I made my self comfortable and, of course, started testing the fries. It's what I do. As I ate one fry after another, the individual David was visiting with at the pop machine, came up to the table and stared at me. I had no idea who he was. David arrived at about the same time and pointed to a table nearby where he had already placed his own pop and napkins--our burgers and fries, as yet, undelivered.

Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment