Thursday, May 12, 2016

So That

The phrase so that means nothing unless you have words before and words after-- gotta have both.
For example, "I have to really study for this test, so that I can pass the class."
"We have to get up early tomorrow, so that we can make it to the airport on time.

But wait, life gets more complicated than passing a test or making it to the airport on time:
If you are in an extremely lonely place right now...  it may be a so that circumstance.
If you are in financial difficulties right now....it may be a so that circumstance.
Sick? Troubled?

Whatever the circumstance, God is telling us to KEEP THE FAITH.

God does not cause bad things to happen; however, since he is in charge of everything, it seems He allows them to happen. Why? Why? Why? we sometimes ask.

Whatever happens (good or not so good), He expects it to impact my life. These experiences are part of my life story or your life story. Let us claim them. Let us use them. Let Him give it meaning.

In DO NOT BE DECEIVED, my latest novel now out on amazon, Cassandra, protagonist, sought a God she did not even know. Why? She wanted to understand her life.  She wanted to understand so that she could rid herself of shame, so that she could go on with her life....

Life seems to be filled with so that's...

Jesus used them, too.

I have said these things to you, so that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world. John 16:33





No comments:

Post a Comment