Saturday, April 25, 2020

Metaphysics Considerations

I like words. When listening to a Jordan Peterson podcast, I found it to be interesting and over my head; however, the word metaphysics stuck with me. I had to know more.

I googled several sites and discovered that a simple definition of metaphysics is difficult. Synonyms included abstract, mystical, spiritual, supernatural. One of the largest areas of philosophy, it deals with existence, identity, time, cause and effect, free will, etc.

Stick with me, the best part is coming...

Simply put, being metaphysical means to be beyond the physical. It means to see life from more than a physical reality (through your senses). Its teaching believes that there is a power and a presence in this universe everywhere. It has woven itself into every part of creation. The air we breathe, the people, the conditions.... Creation is woven in each of us, and we are each of expression of this. Our words, thoughts, ideas are forming our universe! The conditions we see are all an effect of this--of us. We use the non-physical energy and are giving it form.

If I think about what is happening in the world currently...  Well, let's just say, there is a LOT to think about when concerning metaphysics. But, it makes sense... How much of a wake-up call do we need, God?

You will show me the path of life; 
in your presence is fullness of joy; 
at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11

No comments:

Post a Comment