Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Little Things

Why is it that
it is the
little things in life
that drive us crazy?

I have just moved.... into a smaller house...
that wasn't decorated to my liking...
Hmmmm....
After a month, boxes are still unpacked...

I lost my favorite brownie recipe....
The carpet hasn't been cleaned...
I need another book shelf for all my books...
a smaller one to fit into my smaller room...
Hmmmm....
I haven't worked out in ages....
I need a haircut....
My fingernail polish is from the dark ages...

Notice the me, me, me... in all this?


 
 
Every day of my life
was recorded in your book...
before a single day had passed.
How precious are your thoughts about me,
O' God!
Psalm 130: 16-17
 
 
God is having precious thoughts about me and I'm letting little things like nail polish, a roomful of boxes, and a lost brownie recipe irritate me?
 
 
Hello...?
 
And, yet, according to Matthew 10: 29-31
....the very hairs of your head are all numbered...
So, God does care about little things...


 
...even the hairs on my head--the head that needs a haircut and more...
 

 
It was the little things on 9-11--
when the towers crashed and thundered down
--that saved some lives.
Did you know
that one man was late to work because he had to pick up donuts?
Another lady's alarm clock didn't go off;
one spilled food on her clothes the last minute
and took time to change;
another's car would not start.
And, yet, another was late due to new shoes.
New shoes?
Yes, the new shoes caused a blister,
and he stopped to buy a bandaid at a drug store.
 
Little things....
 
Where am I going with this?
These "little things"--picking up donuts, a dysfunctional alarm clock, spilled food, a blister saved someone's life on that particular day.
Don't let the little things get you down...
they just might be a part of God's greater plan for your life.
 
Remember, God knows the number of hairs on your head (no matter how it looks today).
 
I'm going to buy a brownie, pull my hair back in a ponytail and say a prayer of thanks for a God who loves me and you with incredible love.
 
Thou dost keep her in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on thee.
Isaiah 26:3
 



No comments:

Post a Comment