Monday, November 10, 2014

The Perfect Day

Arising at 5:45, I pull on a pair of sweat pants and shirt, grab a jacket, wheel my bike out of the garage, and head for the street. Above me, the moon is blood-red with a yellow banana snuggled at its side; the stars are close enough to touch. My skin tingles with the touch of early morning air.

After a short-but-sweet mile ride, I head in for oatmeal and salmon and open Beth Moore's Bible study on David. Later, with brownies in the oven and the smell of chocolate drifting about the kitchen, I play a game of pool with my husband, converse lightly over lunch, and then snuggle together while considering a nap.


Regenerated, I swim a half hour with a friend, and, then, head home to prepare grilled hamburgers and mashed potatoes for two energetic grandchildren (and their mother).

Life is good...
all little things, but so much joy.

A cheerful heart is good  medicine,
but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.
Proverbs 17:22

No comments:

Post a Comment