Sunday, September 25, 2016

Too Much Pie


I started out the morning with a good breakfast: oatmeal with raisins and walnuts, an almond peanut butter sandwich with a mix of greens, and coffee.
After that, it went downhill.

My husband was hungry for potpie. So, I popped one in the oven for lunch. We finished with a slice of apple pie I had made the day before. Pie and Pie: why not!

Earlier that morning I made a pumpkin pie to serve some friends who were coming in the afternoon. After all, it was the first day of fall and pumpkin seemed appropriate. We ate it that afternoon with kool-whip.
We had an evening meeting at our church, so I pulled out left over pizza late in the afternoon for our supper. I had only a small piece of pumpkin pie in the afternoon so finished my pizza with a second slice of pumpkin pie.
Potpie. Apple pie. Pumpkin pie. Pizza Pie.  Each filled with sugar, fat, salt. I should say “ugh,” but I can’t honestly express this as I enjoyed each serving.

It is bedtime, and I don’t want another slice of any kind of pie for a long time—.... Too much of anything is not good.
Too much water, too much food, too much work-- too much fun is even tiresome.

There is only one thing you cannot have too much of: God’s love.

Psalm 136:26 reads, “Give thanks to the God of heaven, for his steadfast love endures forever.”

Ask for it. Then, ask for more. …. Because…

“We love because he first loved us.” 1 John 4:19

 

No comments:

Post a Comment