Thursday, October 20, 2016

Yes, You Can Be a Neuroplastician

You don't have to go back to college or sign up for an on-line class. Becoming a neuroplastician is easier than you think.

Neuroplasticity is the ability to reorganize itself by forming new neural connections. Dr. Caroline Leaf, who studies neuroplasticity, said, “Our thoughts occupy mental ‘real estate.’ Thoughts are active; they grow and change… Every time you have a thought, it is actively changing your brain and your body—for better or for worse.”
Scary thought! Whoops, forget that. Let’s go with “interesting information.”

So, how do I get rid of all that negative stuff whirling around in my head? To begin, I can recognize them and start to dismantle each one. If your head is full of thoughts of doubt, fear, insecurity, bitterness, indecent imaginations--start the dismantling process.
Many years ago, when an early morning alarm jangled, I said, a nasty word. I knew this was ungodly, of course. So, I threw out the nasty word and started to say “fudge.” Fudge might have sounded better than the “s” word; however, my attitude was still the same (negative).

After much prayer and re-winding  that early morning tape, I started out my mornings differently. A Bible verse came to mine, a favorite hymn, a psalm.
Psalm 121 has been a recent favorite early morning beginning....
 

Neuroplastician or not, these lines from Psalm 121 are better than an early morning “fudge” any old day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment