Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Thoughts on Fireworks, Aliens and What's Going On Up There

We have just celebrated the 4th of July, and it is likely that most of us have seen a firecracker or two lighting up the sky. What a wonder this is. I don't know if you're a believer in UFOs, aliens, and whatever else is out there; however, I feel that something BIG is happening in the "heavenlies" -- something bigger than the most fantastic of fireworks.

John 15:19 reads, If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; as it is you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.... Jesus was speaking to his disciples, but are we not, too, his disciples?

In another verse from John18:36, we read, Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.

In the Lord's prayer, we express, Thy Kingdom come; Thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.....  (think about this one)

Where exactly are these heavenly places, His Kingdom, and what is happening there? There's a lot we don't know or understand. I believe, however, that things are happening in heavenly places and have been happening since the beginning of this thing we call time.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly hosts.... Luke 2:13

Then I looked, and I heard around the throne and the living creatures and the elders the voice of many angels, numbering myriads of myriads and thousands of thousands... Revelation 5:11

Our Creator God, the Ancient of Days, the I Am Who I Am would not be content twiddling his thumbs....Talk about fireworks! Just imagine....

       

  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment