Monday, April 22, 2019

Burdens to Bare? Or... Everyday Easter

I awoke at 4:30 on Easter morning with a smile. Not really needing to get out of bed yet, I spent time with Jesus. There were few requests... just me mainly praising Him for His grace, His love, the price He paid so that I might have life eternally.

--my morning thoughts on Good Friday were of a different nature: "Burdens to Bear." We all have them, and they're not fun. They range from tiny irritating things to issues that you think at the time will literally do you in. You and I could each make out a list right now, or if you're like me, they very easily come to you in the middle of the night when you would rather be in cozy sleep.

The sense of burden hit me in another way that morning when reading a "Mornings With Jesus" devotion by Susanna Aughtmon. She wrote of the "heart wrenching work Jesus' Father had asked him to do--to save the world. To take on every sin for all of mankind for all of eternity."

Again... to take on every sin for all of mankind for all of eternity....

Can you imagine the sense of burden Jesus carried?
I can only begin to fathom such a thing.

But because I can only begin to understand the price he paid, I determined that morning to try harder not add to the burden myself with anything I consider little or anything I consider big.

My eye-rolling when showing disrespect would be a "little" thing.
My lack of trust and a worrisome attitude would be a "big" thing.

The poster-sized sheet in my room has Psalm 140:23 written in my own handwriting.
I posted it a couple of weeks ago.
It took on new meaning....

Search me O'God and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life.



HE IS RISEN.
HE IS ALIVE.
SO, WE, TOO HAVE THIS PROMISE
Easter is not past.
It should be a beginning of our own story each and every day we wake up.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for sending your Son, Jesus, to carry our burden. May we everyday live EASTER and be thankful for your lovingkindness, your grace, forgiveness, your uncensored love. Amen and amen...







No comments:

Post a Comment