Sunday, November 8, 2015

Who Would You Call?

Who would you call if you knew your time was limited? I considered family members and pictured their reactions. This was somewhat depressing... so I considered longer...

One of my dearest friends came to mind. I can tell her anything. We laugh at things that are difficult. We dry our tears in front of each other. And although we are grown-up, we hold hands like little girls. I could spill everything on her, and she would help me manage it--somehow. Even if it was just to say, "I love you."

What more could I ask?

Part of our calling is to reflect the love of Jesus. We need to celebrate each other--no matter our circumstances...and call God, the Creator, the Great I AM and simply say, "I need you." Unlike a friend or family member, He is already there. You don't have to make a phone call, text, email, or get in your car to be with Him. Besides that, He understands your pain. And, yet, He still wants to hear from you. He created that special person who you can call when things are tough, but He still wants to hear directly from you.

Considering all things, it seems we are each living on limited time.
Call your friend today. Let her know you appreciate her.
Get down on your knees and let God know you need him, love him, and appreciate Him, your creator.


No comments:

Post a Comment