Thursday, February 25, 2016

Between a Rock and a Hot Place



Although I consider myself "middle-age," my husband reminds me that I won't live to be 135. So, since I refuse to say that I am "old," I'll simply say I am a baby-boomer, a grandma. Being a grandparent makes you think about life in a different way. For example, over a year ago, my husband and I bought cemetery spots. We had debated as to the whereabouts of this for over a year and finally took the plunge, bought two rectangles of land, and checked it off our to-do list.

Now the question is--do we really want to use these plots of land or are we going to be cremated. To be honest, I'm a bit claustrophobic and don't care to imagine my body being in a casket, in a vault, buried beneath the ground. On the other hand, thoughts of my body burning doesn't excite me either.  It's literally being between a rock and a hot place.

So I'm vascilating on this...
When my husband asked me if I had decided yet, I told him "no" and that he could surprise me. ....

This morning while reading Genesis 2:7--the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. --I've decided to request that what is left of me simply be placed on farmland--where I will eventually blend in with the sun and soil and wind. And, yes, it's acceptable if the wild animals take a nibble or two.... and, thank goodness, we don't live in bear country. (If you saw "Revenant" with Leonardo you get the picture.)

Okay, that's not legal, I know.
I think the answer to all of this is to not really die.
Yes, it's possible.
We have eternity planted in our hearts.
So, whether we live or die we are the LORD'S.


Philippians 3:20-21 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

AMEN...

No comments:

Post a Comment