Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Trouble Sleeping?

I remember as a child going to bed under clean sheets--always smelling of fresh air and sunshine--feeling fuzzy, and then drifting, drifting off to sleep. As an old fogey, baby boomer, a person in her golden years (is there not a good phrase for an older person?), I miss the drifting.

Now, I crawl into bed, turn on my bedside lamp, pull out the current book, and read. After 10-20 minutes--depending on how good the book is, I start to nod. I put the book down, turn off the light, and close my eyes, but sleep often does not come.

On some nights, I fall asleep, but find myself listening to the tick-tock of a clock during 2 - 4 in the morning. Not fun.

Psalm 16:7 reads, I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.

I have determined that the LORD keeps me awake because I need instruction.

As I grow older, maybe this is why I have trouble sleeping.
God's not finished with me yet, and each day I grow closer to an eternity planned for me.
If I'm awake at night, just maybe, he's telling me I need more time with Him.....morning, noon, or night.

Still have time? Read the following:
For my determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of this Person more strongly and more clearly. Philippians 3:10 (amplified version)



No comments:

Post a Comment