Saturday, February 20, 2016

Loving Mystery-- a name for God?

Things that are mysterious.....

Bermuda Triangle, Black Holes, Sea Monsters, UFOs, Stonehenge, the "afterlife," ... or maybe things and people you see everyday... like the sky, clouds and stars... or the some one who remains a puzzle.

I enjoy books filled with suspense and psychological intrigue.
Although I would never desire this in real life.
As I have grown older, I have also become enamored (no, I'm not exaggerating) with scripture.

My next book, DO NOT BE DECEIVED, is a mix of suspense, psychological intrigue, and, yes, scripture. It can be considered young adult or contemporary women's fiction; however, many men have read my books.

This book is not about Black Holes or UFOs. It is about a little girl who has been abandoned by her mother and older sister and left to live with an abusive father. It's a story of her survival.

I saw a prayer in Grace and Peace that read, "I am yours and you are mine, Loving Mystery. Let me live each moment in this awareness."

Cassandra, the protagonist of DO NOT BE DECEIVED, clings to a God she does not know. Although a "mystery" to her, she clings until she knows.

Although you may not be able to relate to her life specifically, you will find a link in that we each endure emotional, physical, or other hardships. It's part of life on earth. Cassandra traveled a broken road; however, she did not self-destruct, play the role of victim, or repeat her past by becoming destructive herself.

We can't understand much of what happens to us or the whys.
We can, however, trust that God is loving.

You can get the book on amazon.com or barnes and noble web sites, soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment