Sunday, August 7, 2016

Worry, Worry, Like a Rat

When I googled the definition for worry, the phrase,
 720 results, popped up along with the words depression, anxiety, stress and the question,
will anyone be normal?

We live in a world filled with work, family, health, relationship, and financial stress. Is it possible to be "normal?"
.......And what is normal after all?

Give God your worries.

When I kept things to myself,
I felt weak deep inside me.
Psalm 32:3

 
 
In COFFEE BREAK WITH GOD, I read the following:

Worry Is a Rat
      Years ago, a pilot was making a flight around the world. When he was two hours from his last landing field, he heard a noise which he recognized as the gnawing of a rat.
...the rat could be gnawing through a vital cable. It was a serious situation. ...Then, he remembered that the rat is a rodent. It is not made for heights; it is made to live on the ground. ...so the pilot began to climb. At about 20,000 feet, the gnawing ceased. The rat was dead. ...
     Worry is a rodent. It cannot live in the secret place of the Most High. It cannot breathe in the atmosphere made vital by prayer and familiarity with scripture. Worry dies when we ascend to the Lord through prayer and His Word.
     Honor Books
      Tulsa OK 

REMEMBER:
Give all your worries to him,
because he cares about you.
1 Peter 5:7

 

 
Christ be with me.
Christ before me.
Christ in me.
Christ under me.
Christ over me.
Christ on my right hand...
Christ on this side... 
     pg. 84, COFFEE BREAK WITH GOD 

This is what Christ wants your "normal" to be.



  




No comments:

Post a Comment