Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Why I Need a Laundry Room on the Main Floor

There are sixteen steps down to my laundry room, and, of course, sixteen steps back up when I decide to return to civilization-- the kitchen where everything else happens. Right?

When we looked at houses almost two years ago, this was discussed. However, we ended up in a house that had almost everything else we wanted, so we bought and the rest is history. Sort of....

Segue.
When we moved into town, I started swimming 1-3 times a week.
After swimming, the swim suit and towel are placed in a used, plastic grocery bag. I drive home, enter the house, and  throw the entire bag down the sixteen steps to the tiled floor below.
Why?
It is easier than walking the sixteen steps, and although we have a laundry chute, who would think of adding a soaking wet suit to the dirty, dry laundry.  The plastic bag protects both my suit and the steps from getting wet.

Back to the title: Why I Need a Laundry Room on the Main Floor.
Recently, I bought groceries on my way home from swimming--just a few items: bacon, bananas, a dozen eggs, lettuce, a can of beans. Grabbing my swimming suit and towel bag and my grocery bag, I entered the house and do what I usually do: throw the swim bag down the steps. As it hit the tile floor steps below, I realized I had not thrown the swim bag down, but rather the grocery bag.
Yep, need a laundry room on the main floor.


For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
.... time to weep, and a time to laugh.... Ecclesiastes 3..









No comments:

Post a Comment