Monday, March 7, 2016

Grumbling or Wearing My Mad Face

Lately, I feel like I have lots of good reasons to grumble. Our laptops and printer do not connect to the internet. My Swiffer dies as I watch the ladybugs multiply and wonder where they've been hiding out. My bike is buried under various wood projects in the garage and it's bike-riding weather. ... need I go on?

No one likes to hear anyone grumble, complain, quibble, whine, mutter--about anything. So, why does a person do it? It certainly doesn't help resolve any problems. It sometimes makes me feel worse when I verbalize my complaints to another. Gathering sympathy? Realizing others have gripes, too?

Philippians 2:14 tells me, "Do everything without complaining or arguing," and verse 15, "so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe..."

Blameless?
 Pure?
Children of God?
...a place where you shine like a star in the universe?

I think I'll try harder. Plus, I think I more than likely look unsightly wearing my mad face.
I haven't given up anything for Lent yet....I'm going to do my best to give up grumbling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment