Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Want to be a Star?




When I get up in the middle of the night and am unable to sleep, I listen to Beethoven Strings and imagine myself walking on an expansive beach. I feel the white, fine sand beneath my feet and in between my toes. The wind lifts the ends of my hair and runs between my fingertips. The ocean waves seek the shore; stars sparkle in the secret heavens. 
Imagining myself in a setting filled with God’s awe-inspiring foundations, I am able to remove myself from personal concerns, feel grace, and start to praise. 

When it stops being about me--
This is when I begin to feel free.

I need to be attentive, watchful, prayerful, diligent with what God wants for me.
He also wants me to feel free in the arms of His love, His grace, and His power. 
Philippians 2:15-16 reads… so that you may become pure and blameless, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life…
Just imagine..

No comments:

Post a Comment