Thursday, May 16, 2019

HIDE AND SEEK? You can't do both...


HIDE AND SEEK?... YOU CAN’T DO BOTH

You may have heard the phrase, “You are only as sick as your secrets.” What we choose to hide are usually weaknesses, or the things that are shameful. It is these feelings of shame and weakness that open us to Satan and more sin. Ugh!
If I want to be stronger in Christ, I need to seek, seek, seek.. seek his love, seek his guidance, seek his glory. How can I do this when hiding?


God created each of us to be free. Being free in Christ liberates us. It is not a binding feeling. It is a freedom that brings contentment, peace.
It is His will, His way. Go and get it! However, going and getting may mean giving up the place you like to hide, or what you want to hide.....So, going and getting may also mean leaving, giving something up, letting something go… This is where you are supposed to be. This is what you are supposed to be doing. You can’t do it alone. He doesn’t expect you to. Run from your hiding place to the safe place Christ provided and yell out “I am free in Christ because of the cross,"  and, then, and only then can we do what we are called to do....




O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.... Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. Psalm 139





No comments:

Post a Comment