Thursday, May 9, 2019

Summoned to Trust....

Last week I took a copy of SUMMONED, my recently published anthology, to my friend at Apple Valley Assisted Living. Inside I had written, "Thanks for inspiring the short story, "'Ramona's Visitor.'"

When I arrived, Ramona was seated at a table with several others enjoying afternoon coffee and cookies. She asked about the book. I pulled it from my bag to show the cover. There were "oohs" and "aahs".

The lady next to me asked what the book was about.
I proceeded to tell her what had inspired the first story, the novelette, Summoned, telling her it was based on a long-ago event that happened near a little town in our state.

"And where might that be?" she asked.
When I told her, she paused, and said, "That's where I'm from."

I had never seen this lady before and here she sat beside me and knew something about the events in the novelette and even the names of some of the people involved.

Do you ever wonder why certain things happen when they do?
Do you ever wonder why certain people come into your life when they do?
Does it ever make you think that your life may be a part of something bigger going on....

It reminds me of the verse I use in the second chapter of Summoned from Isaiah, For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways saith the LORD.

At times, these experiences remind me that I need to spend less time asking or pleading with God for this or that and more time simply honoring Him, praising Him, acknowledging His goodness. Then, sit back and dwell in this.

As Jeremiah 29:11 tells us, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

It's about trusting.
Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment