Saturday, September 5, 2015

You Are Mine

I attended Mary's funeral a few days ago. She was only 72. She died suddenly. I couldn't help but stare at the banner hanging in front of the church.

 
I have called
you by name
Mary...
You are mine.
 
 
Have you ever had a day when things are not going so well, and you just want to run as fast as you can straight into Jesus' arms and never look back?
 
Have you ever had a moment when you are so filled with joy that you want to stay in that special place and feel that special way--a joy that only comes from loving your Creator God?
 
Why do we wait until someone passes into life eternal to put up the banner that says,
 
 
I have called you by name, _____,
You are mine.
 
 
Why not wear a t-shirt with it printed on the back?

 
 

 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
    before you were born I set you apart;
    ....
Jeremiah 1:5


No comments:

Post a Comment