Sunday, January 4, 2015

Jesus Prays for His Disciples

While preparing for last week's  blog, a friend's blog (AssertiveServants.org) used John 3:6--

I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world.
 They were yours;
you gave them to me
and they have obeyed your word.
 
In this verse and those following Jesus was praying for his disciples.
 
In John 20-26, Jesus prays for all believers.
This is you and me.
It is a beautiful passage.
 
..I pray also for those who will believe in me
 through their (the disciples') message,
that all of them may be one, Father,
just as you are in me and I am in you.
 
What a glorious thought: oneness with one another.
Oneness in God.
 
 
....I have made you known to them,
and will continue to make you known in order that
the love you have for me may be in them
 and that I myself may be in them. vs. 26

 
If I just remember this... my days will be different in a wonderful way.


No comments:

Post a Comment