Sunday, January 18, 2015

Questions With No Answers

 I've asked a couple of questions recently... ones that were easy to answer.
How/when do you pray?
Do you remember your first sin?
I'm winding up with two--
       questions that are very connected.

What is unsolved in your heart?
 What questions have you locked away?
 
It seems that all the why, what for, when, how, where questions that rumble around inside our heads are connected to issues that are unsolved in our hearts. For me some of the unanswered questions I have, I have had for years, even decades.
 
I have to remind myself that God's understanding is not my understanding. How could I possibly "get" something that the Creator of the Universe "gets."
 


Rainer Maria Rilke wrote ... be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and... try to love the questions themselves like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign tongue...

This is a rather interesting way to consider what is unsolved in our hearts, our locked-away questions. Dear friends, life is a mystery. Chapters unfold in sometimes scary, sometimes incredible ways. But, God's finger is on everything. So: trust.


No comments:

Post a Comment