Saturday, April 25, 2015

Difficult People? How do we pray for them?

There are hundreds of books offering practical guides for dealing with difficult people, including coping with angry people, words and phrases to use, and an "effective battle plan."
We live with some of these people and even love them. We work with some of these people and most of the time, just want to stay out of their way. They live next door, across the street, or show up at our meetings.

I often don't know how to pray for these persons. When I do pray, it's usually to change them--to make my life easier. But, perhaps, I'm a part of the problem. It's also difficult to pray for these individuals because at times I'm not really sincere. Do I really want God to bless them when I have these ugly feelings towards them? Tough question.

During Bible study, I came up with a prayer based on Ephesians 3:20-21* and James 1:5*
It helps me to pray sincerely. Maybe, it will help you, too.

prayer hands : hand prayer IllustrationDearest Heavenly Father, You alone can accomplish far more than I can ask or imagine, so, since I'm often confused as to how to pray for _______, I ask that You accomplish in _______ far more than I can ask for, far more than I can imagine. You give abundantly and without finding fault. May we love life with the love of God. Giving praise, always. Amen

Bible verses reference are:
*Now to him by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

*If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:7
 
Love life with the love of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment