Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Praying for family...

In my most recent blog, I shared George Washington's prayer for his/our country. I have taken the same prayer and adapted it to a prayer for my family. One can and should pray specifically for individual needs; however, this is a good way to start out my morning--including all my beloved family members.


I now make it my earnest prayer,
that God would have our family in his Holy Protection,
that he would incline the hearts of each of us
to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to our Creator God,
to model a brotherly affection and love for one another,
for our fellow citizens at work, for those in our communities,
for those who are serving and have served in the military,
and for those individuals we have yet to meet.
And finally, that he would most graciously be pleased to dispose us all--
to do justice, to love mercy and to demean ourselves
with the love, humility, and peace of mind,
which were the characteristics of the Divine Author, our Savior and King,
and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things, we can never hope to be a Godly people.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment