Monday, June 1, 2015

Wanted: Your Undivided Attention.

When Daughter Jennifer wanted my attention, she would climb up on my lap, place her hands on my face, and turn it towards her. With two older sisters, she used this way to get my undivided attention, and it worked!   
 
Do you ever feel like you're not getting God's attention? You hurt, you're emotionally distraught, nothing is going as you would like. You've been pleading with God, but He seems far away. Perhaps, you could take some advice from my little girl and take the steps needed to get His attention. We can't literally climb on his lap, but we can wrap our hands and hearts around his Holy Word and go at it. Afterall, the Bible is His love letter to us. He wants us to read it and understand it. Sometimes, that means digging deep and giving it time.
Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually.
1 Chronicles 16:11
 
Our son had a poster in his room during his growing up years which read:
 
You will never change your life
until you change something you do
daily.
 
This statement has probably impacted my life as much as it may have his. In that, I realized that if I wanted to really know scripture, I had to study it--daily. So, breakfast no longer was a first priority in the morning. It came after Bible study--daily. No excuses.
 
And I have learned that I always have God's undivided attention.
The question was: did He have mine?
 
 
        The LORD make His face shine on you,
 And be gracious to you;
The LORD lift up His countenance on you,
And give you peace.
Numbers 6:25-26           

                    
 

          

No comments:

Post a Comment