Saturday, August 29, 2015

Timeline, Lifeline

Some of us have "bucket lists." Some of us simply take it day by day, grabbing joy whenever we can. Some do both.

My father lived to be 99; my mother died at 85. If I average this, I could live to be 90+. Dividing my lifetime into quarters.... my timeline would look like this:



0-23 --The world was full of wonder. I learned to walk, talk... I went to college, I got my first real job, I fell in love, I got married.











24-46 -- I had four children, worked on and off outside the home, went back to school, moved four times, tried to survive financially, emotionally, physically, and, yes, spiritually.









47-69 -- Four children graduated college and became fully employed. Grandchildren arrived. Retirement opened new chapters of life: part-time jobs, travel, illness issues, time with parents who ultimately passed, new friends. 

70- ? --



My life has been very full. Knowing this, I should be awed by the on-going possibilities God holds for me. If one ever thinks, "Is this it? Is this all I have to look forward to--the same old, same old?" Then, perhaps one needs to change things or consider another way of thinking about one's life. We have to "keep walking" no matter what.

Why not keep walking in God's space? After all, that is all there really is.
Everything is HIS space. He is our lifeline. We are on His timeline.

Heavenly Father, life can be both wonderful and frustrating, disappointing, hard. Things are not always the way they ought to be. May we remember that we were created for a reason. We would not be here if it were not so. Giving you the glory, always. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment