Sunday, August 16, 2015

Too Much Scripture

At a recent book event, another author shared that a book that I had written, The Secret Is, had too much scripture. Unfortunately for her, I was surrounded by three other Christian authors when she stated it.

I have to admit that each of us, created by God who loves uniqueness, enjoys different genres for our reading material. My husband enjoys Lee Child's books. A friend reads only non-fiction. Some, who do like fiction, find my books too suspenseful. Do I feel badly that they do not choose my books to read? Actually, no. I guess I write what I like to read, myself.

But the comment about "too much scripture" got me to thinking. Is there such a thing? To me, this is like saying, there is too much air. God is everywhere and in every thing-- rock, tree, you and me. Scripture is His Holy Word. Man was created by God's breath and His Word. There would be no life without him.

All scripture is God-breathed and useful for instruction.... 2 Timothy 3:16

Creator God of all that is good, may we find wonder, joy, and awe in your Holy Word, knowing that it, too, was created for us. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment